IS NOW OVER: Winners to be announced soon!
The BEST Indie EBook Novels Coming Soon To an EReader Near You!
A Writers’ Contest for Future Indie Writers!
The First Three Pages (750 words) of Fantastic Fiction
No Entry Fee!
Any genre (category)!
Simple rules! Submit:
- Up to the first 750 words of your novel
- Formatted in MS Word, with one-inch margins, double spaced, and in any very readable font;
- No title page is necessary, and the author’s name may appear on the submission.
- A synopsis/description of the work of no more than 250 words. We suggest including:
- A brief pitch (perhaps up to fifty words—this is your grabber or elevator pitch);
- A brief summary (this is the synopsis that you hope will sell your book and help it to become a bestseller—check out examples on Amazon)
- Ensure your entry email includes author’s name and story genre (category).
*Entries cannot be presently published as eBooks on Amazon.
Entries will be judged on the author’s storytelling ability, ability to follow the contest submission’s very simple guidelines, and the judges’ opinions of marketability (sales potential).
What do you win?
The First Place entry:
- Will be showcased on not only the Indie Writers Alliance blog /website but on Gordon Kessler’s author’s site, as well;
- Will be linked to Amazon book page once ePublished.
The First Place entry will also receive:
- Free eBook formatting for winning entry for Kindle & Nook (when ready, but must be requested within six months of contest deadline);
- Free ePublishing phone consultation for uploading eBook to Amazon and Barnes and Noble, (when ready, but must be requested within six months of contest deadline);
- Choice of print or eBook version of Novel Writing Made Simple or EBook Writing Made Simple!
- Full, line-by-line edit of entry.
The First Place entry and five Runners Up:
1. Will be linked from Gordon’s and IWA’s sites to authors’ sites;
2. Will be listed on both Gordon’s and IWA’s sites with the stories’ synopses/books submitted for the contest;
3. Will have the books’ cover images or authors’ photos, if available, posted on IWA and Gordon Kessler’s blog/websites.
First 100 entries:
- Will receive a free PDF version of Novel Writing Made Simple or EBook Writing Made Simple!
- Will receive a single-paragraph summary including strengths and weaknesses of the entry as well as suggestions on how to improve the work (feedback will be sent in the format of an email by March 31, 2013).
Have a story opening? With nothing to lose, it’s a no-brainer: dust it off and send it in today!
Deadline: midnight PST, February 3, 2013 (by email date and time confirmation)
First round judging will be completed and finalists notified by February 11, 2013.
The EBook ***Coming Attractions*** Contest is sponsored by Gordon A Kessler and the Indie Writers Alliance.
Send entries by email as a single attachment (synopsis and story opening), with “coming attractions” in the subject line, to:
Questions? Email Gordon with “question” in the subject line.